Friday, January 21, 2011

Stretch your teeth!

As we all know, I has braces. The metal thingies that go on your teeth. Well, every month or so, I have a dreaded dentist appointment that makes them even tighter, which in turn makes it hurt for several days, which means I can only eat porridge. And everybody knows how much I like food :(

Upside of braces:

- After the 1-2 year period, you get normal looking teeth!

That's it.

Downside of braces:

- When you first get them, THEY HURT LIKE SHIT. 2 weeks of porridge, before moving on to instant noodles. This has happened to everyone I know who has gotten braces EXCEPT for Colin, who seems to have magical teeth that repel pain.

- Like I said, dentist appointments every month or so. Tightened braces = no proper food.

- Any food you eat WILL get stuck in your braces. Especially toffee.

- You have to get used to the nickname 'Train tracks'.

- Brushing your teeth is a pain in the ass.

- Sometimes, sharp bits poke out and scratch your mouth, which results in painful ulcers.

- You have to wear a retainer after you've finished with braces.

As you can see, a lot more cons than pros, but at least I'll look good when I get them off!

...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment